Just a sample of news happening around the continent that could, maybe, just maybe, perhaps, involve a PIO.
It’s a chance for you to think about how you would respond given a similar event.
1. Robin Williams’ passing has saddened many as the world mourns the loss of a funny man and a talented actor.
At some point there will be a funeral, which has the potential to be a very public event.
- How will such an event affect the public?
- What information will they need to know, such as road closures?
- Where will you get information?
- If you were the local PIO, who would you reach out to first?
2. Ebola patients are being treated in the United States. It is unlikely that the disease will spread, but …
If an outbreak of Ebola or some other communicable disease occurs, how prepared are you?
- Where are your sources of information?
- What relationships do you have with your local or state health department or the CDC for getting info?
- What tools do you have for getting information out to the public?
That should be enough to freak you out for now. What can you do to get better today?